Are you in need of a battery backup sump pump? Keep in mind that approximately 14,000 people experience some type of water damage daily throughout the USA.
Therefore, getting the best battery backup sump pump for your household is a great idea for pumping water from a flooded basement. This device is essential for keeping the value of your home intact.
In order to purchase a quality battery backup sump pump, it is important to learn about the different types available on the market.
You will now make the right choice with this powerful information. This extensive review will cover what each one entails.
Top 3 Best Battery Backup Sump Pumps Compared
Below are the 3 best rated battery backup sump pump systems with the comparison according to their price. I will break down the criteria for picking the best among all 5 battery backup sump pumps according to your needs.
Everything covered is a brief synopsis of what to expect when making your final decision.Invalid table id.
In the below product reviews we tried to break down the features, pros, and cons of all 5 best battery backup sump pumps. Hope it will make your buying decision easier.
Top 5 Battery Backup Sump Pump Reviews for 2023
1. Wayne WSS30VN Upgraded Combination 1/2 HP and 12-Volt Battery Backup System
This sump pump has a top suction mechanism to minimize debris and limit clogging. There is also a brightly lit LED alarm system indicator that lets homeowners stay abreast about status updates.
Even when the pump goes out, the motor keeps running. This backup pump is Ultra-Quiet and does not produce an annoying noise. Created by an industry leader with over 80 years of experience, Wayne knows basement sewage management better than anyone else in the market.
Therefore, you can avoid creating a vent or weep hole because this sump pump does everything for you. The item weighs approximately 24 pounds, so it does not require strain to carry.
Additionally, it comes already pre-assembled to drop right into the sump basin. The exterior has a rugged cast iron, epoxy-coated construction for tough applications and rough handling.
Finally, there is a smart charging technology that limits the amount of power used by the DC current.
It does the job quietly, which is great for people who do not like the loud noise of the motor.
Although this sump pump is very heavy to carry, from our extensive research and personal usage, we won’t hesitate to declare this emergency sump pump as the best combination sump pump system which is durable means it will last long, powerful and will not break your bank. So if you are looking for an emergency sump pump with battery backup sump pump, we strongly believe that this battery backup sump pump will give you the ultimate peace of mind.
2. PumpSpy PS2000 WiFi Battery Backup Sump Pump System
If this best backup sump pump does a cycle every 5 minutes, expect 166 hours of full power for getting rid of water in the basement during torrential floods.
Automatic recharging activates automatically when the system detects a surge of power. One special feature absent in many other products is the Internet Monitoring system that sends information from the data center to your smartphone through the PumpSpy app 24 hours a day.
Even when the primary pump fails to run when the power shuts down, the battery picks up the pace with a steady Wi-Fi internet connection. But you will hear a beeping alarm that indicates this process is in session.
Being the best battery backup sump pump system in our list, this backup pump has modern features such as digital alarms and even Wi-Fi internet sending data to apps.
You can monitor the status 24/7 from anywhere in the world.
3. WAYNE BGSP50 Guardian Premium Wi-Fi Connected Total Basement Protection System
Get the benefit of having 2 cast iron pumps that do the job. If the primary pump stops working the other kicks in. A remote display has colored LED lighting that shows the status of the system.
The first classification is the Estimated Protection covering the run time. Next is the Battery Health. Then, is the Water Level in Basin from low to high. And lastly the Power Status from low, medium, to high.
One thing you should know is that this is a premium product but it seems too costly for the average person. However, after conducting much research, the price is definitely worth paying.
Keep in mind this is a full system of two pumps (one primary pump & one battery backup system), AC power, and backup batteries, and most importantly WI-Fi monitoring.
4. Wayne ESP25 Upgraded 12-Volt Battery Backup System
The battery is not included. The housing unit is made of an epoxy steel construction with a cast iron base that prevents corrosion.
Wayne ESP25 backup pumps have many fancy technology features that are extremely beneficial for new age users. It comes fitted with alarms and levers. Because of its high-capacity, expect a high amount of voltage assisting this backup pump.
This high-end backup sump pump battery backup system gets the job done with advanced technology and audible alarm features. And for the price tag, all the features it offers, we are not hesitated to declare this "the best backup sump pump for the money".
5. Zoeller 508-0006 Aquanot 508 ProPak53 Preassembled Battery Backup Sump Pump System
A low-voltage vertical switch is a great addition to this battery backup sump pump. Moreover, the discharge check valve will give homeowners constant updates.
The exterior sports a compact, colorful design that is very stylish. The unit is Crus-approved and comes with the USA made charger.
You will get the advantage of a technologically advanced alarm system that comes with an audio dialer. This mechanism contacts you about any problems with this backup sump pump.
It comes with battery box to prevent a burnout, providing protection against overcharging. This machine is a bit heavy, weighing approximately 40 lbs.
This battery backup pump offers the full package of a sump pump. However, the only two items that you might need later is a new battery or check valve.
There are plenty of light indicators tapping into the alarm systems for constant alerts about impending issues.
The manufacturer is the USA approved, so all systems are made with high-quality products.
How to Choose The Perfect Battery Backup Sump Pump for Your Home – The Ultimate Buying Guide
First step is to determine what type of battery you want.
Many homeowners will install a solar panel outside about several feet from the garage to charge up the backup battery. Although this is not the usual way for a battery to get power, some people find it useful. Therefore, you will need to perform all the modifications yourself.
AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat) Battery
This is the best type of battery for sump pumps that works with the technologically advanced systems. AGM batteries range from the maintenance-free, deep cycle, to wet cell and marine.
- A maintenance-free battery does not require constant attention and runs longer.
- Marine batteries need water and constant maintenance but are more reliable.
- Wet cell batteries are mostly found in the automotive industry to start cars, so you want to avoid them for a sump pump. This battery has sealed and unsealed versions requiring inspection and more prone to damage and explosions.
AGM batteries mostly supply DC currents. Has a lifespan of 7 to 10 years.
Getting a battery backup sump pump made with the right material is very important. Some battery backup sump pumps have a mixture of these materials, so choose wisely. Here is a list of some:
- Cast iron - The majority of battery backup sump pumps have this material because it is sturdy and heavy-duty. The best in the market. Cast iron runs cooler than the others, perfect for extreme weather conditions. However, they are very heavy
- Plastic - Although using plastic is cheaper, it is weaker and could crack over time under strenuous circumstances. People normally purchase this type of sump pump if they do not plan to use it often. It is made with this material and normally comes with a long warranty
- Stainless steel - Battery backup pump is made of stainless steel are a lot stronger and last longer. This material also prevents rusting
- It is best to choose a battery backup sump pump that exceeds 35 to 60 gallons per minute or about 2000 GPH to 3600 GPH
- Choose one with an alarm so you can stay alert to any problems. Always research important information before buying. If you accidentally get one without an alarm, do not worry because you can always install a new one later.
- Get one that is compatible with a vertical float switch. An electronic switch with an internal sensor that detects water is best. When the water levels drop that pulls down the lever which switches off the pump. Also, when the water rises in the sump pit, the alarm will sound off.
- Piggyback prong - If there are one or two cords in the back of the unit you can evaluate them yourself. Test them out for piggyback prong compatibility. A tether float switch will activate the backup sump pump when the float rises, so look for that.
- The piggyback prong is a great addition because it controls the submersible pumps that do not have an automatic feature to control themselves. Just insert the prong into the power outlet (as long as a three-prong power plug available). Perfect for failed backup sump pump switches. This low-cost alternative is better than replacing the entire sump pump.
How Long Does a Battery Backup Sump Pump Last?
Although the backup duration solely depends on the type used, most battery back-up sump pump lasts for a very long time before they drain.
Some of these batteries run on AC/DC current while some run on a DC current only.
The backup power can go into a reserve mode after an electrical charge, and this enables it to last for a very long time.
How long will the battery backup last when charged for a single time?
Most batteries on the battery backup pump will last depending on the size of the battery and the amps.
There are some batteries with up to 40 amps of power that may push out of water at the rate of 2000 GPH for up to two days or more.
However, other batteries last between 10 to 12 hours depending on the volume of water it needs to pump.
In which case will I need a combination sump pump?
A battery backup sump pump or primary sump pump will equally provide power to keep your basement dry during a power outage.
However, a combination sump pump provides both primary pump and backup-power capacity all in one convenient, easy to use system.
These sump pumps offer the total power protection especially when the flow of floodwater is too much for your main pump to handle.
Combination sump pumps provides high-power capability when either pump fails.
They help prevent water flowing back into the main sump pump, as well as anti-corrosion and extra backup power protection in severe weather conditions.
So whether you couldn't decide which battery backup sump pump to choose from our top 3 picks, I hope reading our top 5 battery backup sump pump reviews will definitely help you to choose the right one according to your needs.
You should have learned what to consider when looking for the best battery backup sump pump on the market.
Most battery backup sump pumps listed here are reliable, high-quality, and offer the top-notch service possible.
Some of the best ones to choose are Zoeller, Liberty Pumps, and Wayne.
And some of these battery backup sump pumps come pre-assembled, have alarms, made with rust-free materials, and some technological advancements to make your user experience better.
Battery backup pump is definitely highly-beneficial long-term investments. They can literally protect your home from getting damaged and save your life and pockets!